Studio On Fire, a Saint Paul best-in-class pressure-based artisan printer, is looking for an AR/HR Specialist to join the team in our bustling specialty print shop. Role will be responsible for both client billing and supporting employees as Human Resources.
We are growing rapidly! There is room for growth and more responsibility depending on your specific interests and professional strengths.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enter incoming jobs into Quickbooks.
- Credit payments to jobs in Quickbooks.
- Charge credit cards.
- Prepare deposits for the bank.
- Issue job invoices upon shipping.
- Provide efforts in securing payments on or before due dates.
- Follow up on invoices not billed or paid.
- Resolve any invoice discrepancies or issues.
- Adjust invoices (overs, shortages, damages, etc).
- Analyze customer accounts.
- Proactively identify trends and assist in implementing processes.
- Run and develop reports to provide financial insight.
- Provide solutions to obstacles encountered in the billing process.
- Act as a liaison between client and customer service on any billing matters.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal team.
- Create the most desirable benefits package within the company’s benefits.
- Be able to give specifics about the benefits package to applicants who have been offered employment.
- Run background checks if necessary.
- Collect all legal documentation needed for new employees.
- Provide SOF-specific welcome documentation.
- Manage employee handbook.
- Update and distribute as needed.
- Schedule probationary follow-ups (90 days).
- Arrange for retirement benefits.
- Arrange for health insurance benefits.
- Handle any termination paperwork.
- Conduct employee exit interviews.
- Work with management team to execute and document employee performance reviews.
- Resolve issues between management and employees.
- Direct any disciplinary procedures.
- Coach management on proper procedures.
- Advise managers on policies like equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Keep the company compliant with state and federal labor rules and regulations.
- Handle safety and security violation complaints.
- Provide paperwork for medical needs/accommodations.
- Should have a good grasp on basic employment law.
- Reach out to company attorneys when necessary.
- Help create a long-term organizational chart.
- Assist in bringing on employees in a proactive, rather than reactive, manner.
- Be a part of shaping the company vision and goals.
- Assorted tasks as needed. We are a small studio, occasionally everyone packs a box, collates some cards, takes out the trash, or sorts paper samples.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work/school experience)
- Ideally degree would be in accounting, human resources management, business administration, or related field.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is helpful, some on the job training will be provided.
- Experience in working in a Human Resources role is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be self-motivated, open to feedback and be able to take direction.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality are crucial.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, and time management skills are a necessity.
- Understand the confidential nature of internal policies and procedures.
- Able to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- A background/interest in design or the arts is extremely advantageous.
- A love, or at least tolerance, for dogs. We often have puppers in the studio.
– Immediate need. We’d ideally like to fill this role by year end.
– This is a full-time (40hr/wk) position.
– Work hours are 9:30am to 6pm, M-F.
– Compensation is commensurate with experience.
* NOTE: Many of our clients are in the cannabis field; please assess any personal ethical dilemmas prior to applying. If that is not something you are comfortable with, this may not be the job for you.
– Studio Manager
– You will report to the studio manager, but as a collaborative studio you will definitely be asked to work directly with others.
How to Apply
Submit your application to our search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the email “AR/HR Specialist > Your Name.” Include your resume and cover letter. In your letter, address how your experience reflects the criteria in the job description, and what specifically interests you about Studio On Fire. Please include your salary expectation in your email message.
Sorry, this is not an internship position and cannot be remote.
Suitable applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview.