Hello from Ciceron. Nice to meet you. Just a little bit about ourselves:
As one of the very first pure digital agencies in the US, Ciceron continues to thrive by fusing our work directly to the needs and desires of our clients’ customers. We recognize that everyday people, not only marketers, are fully involved in co-creating powerful brand experiences through their connections and content. These myriad touchpoints create powerful sources of data that inform our work, fuel client growth, and allow us to be more honest, nimble, and smarter at each and every step.
For the past 25+ years, Ciceron has been dedicated to being advocates for our clients by serving as their “Cicerones” in digital marketing. Cicerones are, by definition, “trusted and masterful guides who navigate complex journeys, ensuring a safe arrival at a destination for their clients.” We do that with a keen understanding of consumer needs, fusing deep experience with cutting edge tech and dynamically bold creative ideas. It might be experiential. It might be social. It will definitely have heart, a digital spirit, and a gorgeous presentation.
Oh, and we win awards. And our clients actually say they love us.
Now, on to you. This is who we are looking for in the role of Art Director/Designer:
As a digital-minded Art Director/Designer, innovative thinking in web design creation, social media best practices, and email strategies is essential. This candidate is a highly creative, motivated, and experienced designer who loves putting pen to paper (finger to touchpad?) to design surprising, scroll-stopping stuff.
This client-facing design role reports to the Associate Creative Director, partners with our Digital Production Artist, and receives additional mentorship from our Executive Creative Director. We’re a group that blends artsy creative with polished tech, so come ready to get gritty and nerdy!
This person is equal parts strategic thinker, problem solver, and design extraordinaire, who genuinely loves collaboration and is willing to own their expertise. You’re not into egos and are a big believer in empathy. And you’re as comfortable in the heads-down design space as you are in big-thinking creative ideas sessions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver bold design primarily in the digital space, as well as traditional spaces, when needed.
- Bring a comprehensive point of view to campaign work — our projects are often multifaceted and complex. And we love that!
- Bring a strong creative POV in project kick-offs, internal / external reviews, and brainstorming.
- Listen and understand client needs, and develop creative programs and design concepts to meet the business objective of clients.
- Provide rationale for design decisions while being able to accept feedback on work without ego — this is a team sport and everyone’s voice has value.
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept through completion.
- Partner with internal teams (creative counterparts, account services, project management, and strategy) to develop concepts and present to clients.
- Collaborate with team to manage production quality and adherence to deadlines and budgets.
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
- Share professional expertise with your fellow Cicerones, and be open to reciprocal mentorship from them.
- Stay curious and current with the latest digital trends and proactively seek out solutions to achieve greater efficiencies.
- Experience designing in a professional environment with an emphasis on digital work.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute visual/UX design (with mentorship available).
- Fully understand each assignment as articulated in the creative brief and work hand-in-hand with the team to develop creative that delivers on brand and brief.
- Ability to understand and articulate best practices (personas, journeys, mapping etc.).
- Provide graphic design deliverables: e.g. on-brand, responsive design, concepts, and wireframes.
- Portfolio showcasing strong strategic design thinking – ideally in both BTB and BTC work.
- Sound understanding of photography, video content, illustration, and typography.
- Proficient in Adobe CS tools.
- Ability to evaluate and direct motion graphics and interactive projects.
- Adapts to the requirements of a fast-paced environment while maintaining strict attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to create and maintain highly organized server and document files.
- Effectively drives and delivers on multiple assignments at one time.
- Ability to be lead creative on smaller projects with little to no supervision.
Bonus Points Qualifications
- Proficiency in understanding interface design, usability, accessibility, HTML, CSS, wireframes, user journeys, and responsive design.
- Functional understanding of video production, video content, illustration, and typography.
- Demonstrate a passion for generating strategic and inspiring visuals every day.
- Have an ability to concept at a high level and then execute on that idea.
- Serious about great creative, but you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Live our Ciceron values — Have Empathy, Be Curious, Bring Your Best Self, Team First, Own Your Expertise, and Deliver Excellence.
Our Vision for the Future
Ciceron is a hothouse for media innovation, big ideas and bold creative. As we invest in our growth we are striving to build the kind of creative team that can flex and thrive in today’s fast-paced, hyper-digital, constantly-evolving world. It’s a combo platter of get-shit-done, wildly free thinking, and a commitment to teamwork that will launch us into the next era of media and marketing.
We are working in hybrid fashion until fall 2021 when we’ll have new on-site workspaces available. Candidates must be based in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary expectation (we are offering $70-90K, commensurate with experience) and resume to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, Art Director/Designer > Ciceron.”
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight…
- how your own values relate to Ciceron’s
- what excites you about being “a creative”
- why you want to work at Ciceron
You will be contacted by Soladay Olson initially, then for a virtual first interview if we are interested.
We look forward to hearing from you!