The Associate Art Director, in collaboration with project team members, will establish project design vision. The individual will also maintain and refine the vision during each stage of project execution and delivery, to ensure the highest achievable standards within approved creative, budget, and schedule parameters.
- Participate in any Creative Director and/or client input sessions and follow-up meetings.
- Partner with Creative Director (your supervisor) and Associate Creative Director on brainstorming and creative development process.
- As member of Production Department, collaborate with Producers to align creative design with budget and logistical constraints.
- Oversee the design and execution of RFI/RFP electronic and print materials.
- Be available to present to clients and prospects to promote Media Loft’s commitment to superior design and delivery.
- Work with Creative Directors to develop project design concepts and elements including themes, theme logos, speaker support templates, on-screen graphics, and print materials as well as scenic elements and renderings.
- Work with project team members to review in-progress graphics work and provide precise, constructive feedback throughout the execution of their assigned projects.
- Serve as graphics designer.
- Develop and manage compliance of graphics work standards and procedures.
- Participate in post-project review with production, account service, and clients.
- Build awareness of new, emerging, or different tools, techniques, resources, or revenue-generating opportunities appropriate to the enterprise. Report meaningful findings to your supervisor.
- Follow and abide by company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of marketing communication, corporate meetings, events, or related experience
- Experience in digital media production and file format delivery
- Experience working in a creative production environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – high level of experience working in Excel and PPT
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, co-workers, and external supplier
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Work at a sitting work station, often more than 2/3rds of a day.
- Sometimes required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand to operate office equipment.
- Sometimes required to walk up to a mile at a reasonable pace, including stairs, multiple times per day.
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Occasionally travel for meeting and events.
About Media Loft
40 great years. An ongoing success story. Media Loft is a 100% employee-owned company that produces corporate events across the globe, with account, technical, creative, design, video production, and interactive technology services all under one roof. Our relationships are measured in decades, not years. Our people make it all possible. Fun is always in the equation.
How to Apply
Submit your application to our search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio. Title the email “Associate Art Director > Your Name.” Please include your salary expectation in your email message.
In your letter, specifically address how you’d like your career to grow, and demonstrate your interest and/or background in live/experiential events.
Suitable applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview in our NE Minneapolis office.