NOW OPEN: Senior Copywriter and Strategist
Experienced. Responsive. Creative. That’s PLDG. Bring your vision, experience-fueled insights and love of the writing craft to PLDG’s growing content development team! A full-service creative agency in its own class, PLDG advises some of the best-known global brands. Help us continue to grow and deliver the work that drives and excites you as a Senior Copywriter and Strategist. This senior-level position will tap into your health care acumen and experience working with large brands — as well as your adept use of leading-edge media in B2B, B2E and B2C marketing campaigns. Collaborate with a team of smart creative talent at an organization that values work/life balance as much as you do, and gain the respect, recognition and independence you’ve worked so hard to achieve at this point in your career.
As a Senior Copywriter and Strategist, you will be a key team member helping to pitch, present and lead high-profile projects and multi-channel campaigns, working alongside our President and Senior Account Directors. Your role is to provide communications strategy, thought leadership and content direction. You will lead or attend client meetings, write briefs, interview sources, create effective content and collaborate with in-house creative teams. Assignments include a wide variety of projects for print, digital and social for a wide range of audiences. You will also have an opportunity to work on a variety of campaigns collaborating with art directors, writers and production pros. This role is instrumental in guiding marketing efforts with other key staff and supports business development opportunities, as needed.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency in leading and facilitating strategic discussions and fact-finding with clients and PLDG teams.
- Ability to think outside the box and deliver the “big ideas” that help our clients succeed.
- Experience with strategy, planning and strategic messaging frameworks for large-scale campaigns.
- Deep understanding of brand strategy, social media and content marketing.
- Expertise in writing dynamic short-form ad and marketing copy — ability to write for social and digital is a must.
- Dedication to providing fresh creative content for both print and digital, aligned to client brand standards.
- Confidence in attending and leading client meetings, writing briefs, creating strong content and collaborating with creative teams.
- Ability to write for a wide range of audiences, including employee engagement, B2B, B2C, etc.
- Expertise to quickly grasp and distill highly technical communications.
- Excellent communication skills, detailed and meticulous.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Organized, self-directed and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of industry experience; agency or consulting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree: journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Preferred qualities: assertive, energetic, accountable, active listener, approachable.
Our team culture values integrity, accuracy, high quality, a strong work ethic and collaboration.
PLDG is a strategic design agency that brings powerful ideas to life. Our versatile and talented team has a strong history of delivering award-winning results. Come invent with us on the historic Mississippi riverfront in Northeast Minneapolis, voted Best Arts District in America. Our specialties include strategy, content, brand identity and design for digital and print communications, motion and experiential. PLDG contributes generously to community nonprofits. We are a longstanding member of AIGA, the professional association for design. More than 60% of the PLDG team has worked here for more than eight years, with 40% having worked here for 14+ years! Learn more at pldg.com.
Start Date: Soon. Interviewing now. This rare opening will fill quickly!
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary confirmation and resume to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name, Sr Copywriter & Strategist > PLDG.” Email three relevant samples of health care campaigns or communication strategy development, employee benefits campaigns, B2C and/or B2B communications.* In your letter, include your goals and professional aspirations.
* B2C examples may include benefit enrollment guides and emails, infographics or email campaigns educating employees on health topics as well as brochures or presentations explaining incentive programs or consumer-directed health plans, etc. B2B examples may include product brochures or website content, sell sheets and brochures used at trade shows, corporate reports, etc.
Enjoy Excellent Benefits
- Compensation: excellent; competitive with industry standard.
- Hybrid working location plan; our team is working at home most of the time for now.
- Fringe benefits, insurance: health (70% employee, 50% family), dental (100% employee, 50% family), long-term disability, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program and 401(k) plan.
- PTO + paid closures: In addition to PTO and vacation, PLDG is closed the last week of the year, which is paid after one-year tenure.
- Summer hours: We log off after 1 p.m. on Fridays (Memorial Day through Labor Day).
- Flexibility and balanced work life to fit your “whole” life.
We look forward to hearing from you!