As a Friend & Neighbor
- Live our belief: A small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. And our promise: to build our clients’ brands based on their defining beliefs.
- Promote an environment of passion, optimism, creativity, intelligence, belonging, collaboration and respect.
- Actively avoid ego, entitlement, attitude, cynicism, frustration or any other negativity in yourself and others. Acknowledge that you have the power and responsibility to change these things.
- Strive to do great work all the time.
- Take an active role in the betterment, promotion and growth of the agency (inclusively, professionally, and financially).
- Continue to better yourself personally and professionally.
- Help attract top talent for open positions.
- Have a great time doing all the above.
Creative at F&N
The creative team at F&N dreams up big ideas to solve big brand challenges for our clients. You think in big picture ideas vs. channels, knowing that great creative needs to wow consumers across all touchpoints. You are an expert communicator and storyteller in presenting brilliant ideas to clients and other agency partners. You are collaborative and proactive in seeking feedback and input and are thoughtful in communicating your point of view. You are passionate about your work and seek out what’s new and innovative. Your creative ideas are the heartbeat of our agency and truly change our clients’ business and possibly even the world.
This position reports to the Executive Creative Director. Take a look at our work here.
Benefits include health insurance, 401k plan, 10 paid holidays (including non-Christian), and unlimited PTO.
- Concept and develop ideas to solve our clients’ marketing and business challenges
- Write compelling, on-brief, on-brand copy across all creative touchpoints
- Proactively participate in brainstorms; encourage others’ ideas and contribute with a “yes, and” attitude
- Communicate effectively with senior team members to receive feedback and make refinements to design based on that feedback
- Actively be learning and adding to your skillset—attend industry events, watch tutorials, follow design blogs—to develop in your design role
- Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns, projects and decks
- Work alongside senior creatives to provide concepts/copy that meet project/campaign objections, are on-brief and strategically sound
- Support F&N’s social media channels and website with writing and creative ideas
- Begin to develop presentation skills; observe and learn from senior creative team; take feedback and hone style
- Keep a pulse on pop culture, trends and communications that resonate with a wide variety of audiences
- Proof/edit/revise your own work with a high-level of attention to detail and proper grammar/mechanics.
- Participate in production of client work—including video and photo shoots, from pre-pro through to final delivery
- Understand the role that creative has within the lifecycle of a project
- Take an active role across multiple projects/accounts at once, with the ability to switch from one to another seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and stay within your assigned hours
- Interact with clients and vendors as a representative of Friends & Neighbors and our shared values
- Complete timesheets in a timely manner
- Work fluidly with teams including internal and external resources
- Help create the conditions for your team to do great work by fostering creativity, collaboration, compassion and enthusiasm
- Bring a “can-do” attitude to each project and challenge, working with teams toward inventive solutions
- Communicate effectively with teams, keeping them informed about the status of projects
Next role is Senior Copywriter. What you are gearing up for…
- Taking on a senior role with regard to day-to-day client work; including taking more ownership of the brief and ensuring concepts and work are on-strategy
- Honing presentation skills and style; including addressing clients’ questions and feedback in real time, staying calm under pressure, representing F&N well in all client and vendor interactions
- Proactively seeking out ways to participate in the local creative community
- Mentoring more junior members of the creative team
- Deeper involvement with clients and selling-in creative work
- Playing a more active role in production for our clients from pre-pro through final
How to Apply
Please email your…
- portfolio link or PDF of writing samples
- your resume
- your well-written (obviously!) cover letter*
- your salary expectation
…to our retained search manager email@example.com for highlighted consideration. Label your email “Your Name, Friends & Neighbors Copywriter > Soladay Olson.”
*In your letter, please address one of these topics to distinguish you from other candidates…
- Share your familiarity with/comment on our client mix and the value of our type of work.
- Tell us what “Friends & Neighbors” means to you and how you would contribute.
- Highlight the result of one of your writing accomplishments, whatever its style or purpose.
We look forward to hearing from you!