Experienced. Responsive. Creative. That’s PLDG. If you’re a clever, versatile copywriter who can distill ideas into multichannel content, come join our growing content development team! We’re looking for a copywriter who loves to balance working independently and collaborating with a creative team in a workplace that values individual growth and wellbeing. To work with us, you’ll need to bring your A game — high standards for quality, client-facing energy and a keen skill for active listening. A deep understanding of health care and experience working with large brands is key.
We require experience with B2B and B2C content development for health care projects and campaigns, including communicating employer benefit programs to consumers to help them make informed care and benefit decisions; fresh campaign concepts to promote health initiatives at the worksite; positioning and promoting leading medical devices and therapies; and writing white papers, sell sheets, ads, videos and presentations.
We also require experience with B2B content for large corporations — specifically in manufacturing, agriculture and high tech. Assignments include creating content to promote highly technical product and service offerings across print, digital and social media, including direct mail, corporate reports, brochures, emails, ads, displays, PowerPoint presentations, videos and websites.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to provide strong, fresh creative content for print, digital and social.
- Confidence in presenting creative content and concepts to clients in collaboration with creative teams.
- A firm understanding of health care communications, brand strategy, social media and content marketing.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly technical communications.
- Preferred qualities: assertive, energetic, accountable, active listener, approachable.
- Organized, self-directed, detailed and meticulous. Able to manage numerous projects simultaneously and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Three to five years of industry experience (client-facing experience required).
- Bachelor’s degree: journalism, marketing or related field.
- Expertise in writing scripts for video and PowerPoint presentations (e.g., content flow, speaker’s notes, etc.) and digital and social media content.
PLDG is a strategic design agency that brings powerful ideas to life. Our versatile and talented team has a strong history of delivering award-winning results. Come invent with us on the historic Mississippi riverfront in Northeast Minneapolis, voted Best Arts District in America. Our specialties include strategy, content, brand identity and design for digital and print communications, motion and experiential. PLDG contributes generously to community nonprofits. We are a longstanding member of AIGA, the professional association for design. More than 60% of the PLDG team has worked here for more than eight years, with 40% having worked here for 14+ years! Learn more at pldg.com.
Start Date: Soon. Interviewing now. This rare opening will fill quickly!
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary confirmation and resume to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name, Copywriter > PLDG.”
Email three relevant samples of health care, employee benefits campaigns, B2C and/or B2B communications.* In the letter, include your goals and what you are looking to do next.
* B2C examples may include benefit enrollment guides and emails, infographics or email campaigns educating employees on health topics as well as brochures or presentations explaining incentive programs or consumer-directed health plans, etc. B2B examples may include product brochures or website content, sell sheets and brochures used at trade shows, corporate reports, etc.
Enjoy Excellent Benefits
- Compensation: excellent; competitive with industry standard.
- Hybrid working location plan; our team is working at home most of the time for now.
- Fringe benefits, insurance: health (70% employee, 50% family), dental (100% employee, 50% family), long-term disability, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program and 401(k) plan.
- PTO + paid closures: In addition to PTO and vacation, PLDG is closed the last week of the year, which is paid after one-year tenure.
- Summer hours: We log off after 1 p.m. on Fridays (Memorial Day through Labor Day).
- Flexibility and balanced work life to fit your “whole” life.
We look forward to hearing from you!