About Us and About You
Pixelsmith is a web development company based in Minneapolis. We work closely with designers and creative agencies to bring projects to life with true digital craftsmanship — through form and function. Pixelsmith is constantly evolving with technology and trends. Together, we’ll build something amazing.
At Pixelsmith, we value opinions from the whole team, regardless of your position or role. We respect diversity and create conditions that provide everyone with equal opportunity to thrive. Our goal is to promote a workforce that embraces all backgrounds, beliefs, and views.
We are looking for a developer who is passionate to bring ideas to life through smart and efficient code. Qualified individuals will have the ability to translate wireframes and designs into clean, accessible, and compliant web code. Front end, back end…the full stack! Familiarity with WordPress custom theming and plugin creation is a must along with the ability to hang with the team (you know, communicate and be an all-around pleasant person). Individuals should have an overall interest in keeping pace with the latest technologies: 3D in web, web apps, and bringing new ideas to the table.
Applicants should have UX/UI inclinations, a strong sense of design details, as well as the ability to translate them to be cross-browser compatible.
- HTML, CSS, and JS (because it’s a web developer position after all)
- Strong understanding of WordPress (core, custom theming, and plugins)
- General PHP, MySQL, and responsive techniques
- Experience in Git, Gulp, and SCSS
- Experience extracting assets from design programs: Sketch, Photoshop, Figma, etc.
- Applicants must be based in the U.S.
- Years of experience – not actually required, but you probably have 5+
- Be a good human being
We like all team members to bring some flare with them. Foundationally, we’re all grounded by an appreciation of development and design. Each member may have slightly different focuses — collectively making the team stronger.
- JS web applications (React/Vue/Angular)
- Front-end/cross-browser strategies
- Back-end server configuration/deployments
What We Offer
- Ability to work remotely from home, coffee shop, or even bed
- Work on nationally known brands and high-caliber designs — B2B and B2C websites, touchscreens, tradeshow booths, off-line web apps
- Partner with clients that have a great understanding that high quality product is a blend of great design and development
- Unlimited PTO/Mental Health Days
We are seeking a full-time employee, but will consider contract.
- Full time: $80K/year
- Contract: $80/hour
Sound like you?
Apply now and have some stellar work examples ready to showcase your skills. Not accepting applicants through firms, agencies, and/or recruiters.
Please email a cover letter* with your resume and portfolio link (if applicable) to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your salary expectations in the email. Label your email, “Your Name, Creative WordPress Developer > Pixelsmith”
*In your letter, tell us what attracts you to this opportunity, and include a response to one or more of these questions…
- Which end product are you particularly proud of and why?
- How did you become a fan of WordPress and why have you stuck with it?
- Since our priorities can shift on any given day, how do you keep a positive attitude and effectively communicate with your development team?
You’ll connect initially with our search manager to clarify your application before it’s shared with the Pixelsmith team. The first interview is with the company founder, second with team members.
We look forward to hearing from you!