This creative production company, focused on bringing brand stories to life worldwide through next-gen events, seeks a Designer to support development of creative content that inspires, informs, and delights our client audiences.
Reporting to the EVP of Production, the Designer works in close partnership with Producers, Creative Leads, and Designer colleagues to create speaker support and design materials that help create memorable live events, meetings, and experiences for our clients. Project scopes range from multiple months of support leading into/out of events, to shorter/quick-turn efforts for pop-up project work, deck clean-up, and RFP responses.
The Designer will primarily focus on design of speaker support content via PowerPoint for multiple client categories, however they will be periodically asked to support details and efforts across project types and formats. Additional project formats include but are not limited to; Keynote presentations, virtual platform design work, experiential creative installations, large and small scale signage, print collateral, web banners, emails, social media posts, logo design, and scenic elements and renderings.
The ideal candidate has an impeccable and innate aesthetic, and designs with an eye toward both quality and accuracy. They are tasked to perform duties in an organized fashion, with the ability to self-direct from a design and organizational perspective. They must stay curious and be eager to ask questions and provide solutions that enable efficiency and excellence throughout the creative process. The role will also support onsite design work, requiring periodic travel throughout the country and potentially across the globe.
- Partner with Creatives and Producers on visualization of scripts and design approaches.
- Collaborate on storyboard development and take direction from Lead Creatives and Producers.
- Ensure client vision is maintained, however be source of solution and alternatives when that vision needs refinement and/or clarification in order to achieve quality goals.
- Execute presentation designs within PowerPoint or Keynote for various screen types and sizes, within standard and ‘exceptional’ ratios (16:9 and any/all ratios our creatives can imagine).
- Be able to present work within client visual review meetings, explaining approaches as well as staying open to feedback and design collaboration from client.
- Design with awareness of output and audience impact.
- Raise concerns to Producers for any project deliverables that are lagging or at-risk.
- Collaborate on creative and technical negotiations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be responsive, with clear communication to partnering Producers, Designers, Lead Creatives, and Design Manager.
- Balance productive design work with creative goals.
- Execute with an eye toward creative goals, client expectations, and budget.
- Utilize company’s project management tools and templates, including but not limited to Monday.com.
- Provide Producers information to support project wrap in the form of feedback, insights, and learnings.
- Proactively share new methods and technologies to improve quality and efficiency of our creative and technical workflows.
- Maintain energy, connection, and productivity throughout the project livecycle.
- Support smooth onboarding and overall department cohesion as the team evolves.
- Support other key department initiatives as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years of design experience ideally in a collaborative setting
- Experience in or aptitude to work in a creative live production environment
- Proficiency with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, and adaptability to working on a PC
- PowerPoint experience is ideal; candidates who display impeccable design aesthetic and willingness/enthusiasm to learn PowerPoint will be considered
- After Effects knowledge is a plus, and the willingness to learn is a huge bonus
- Innate curiosity, with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service to colleagues and clients
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to display and maintain empathy for colleagues and clients
- Working at a sitting work station, often more than two-thirds of a day
- Sometimes required to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand to operate office equipment
- Sometimes required to walk up to a mile at a reasonable pace, including stairs, multiple times per day
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Occasionally travel for meeting and events
How to Apply
Submit your portfolio link or pdf that demonstrates work relevant to the above description. Include your resume, cover letter*, and three references (with email and phone) to our search manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name > Designer, Mpls Agency” in the subject line. Please confirm that the anticipated salary for this position, $50,000-60,000 based on your experience, is acceptable.
*The letter should demonstrate why you feel qualified for and interested in this position. And if you’re willing, we invite you to pick one or more of the following…
- Describe your “super powers.”
- Discuss how you approach a puzzle.
- Tell us about your ambitions for the future.
Following response from our search manager, if you are selected to interview, candidates can expect a multi-step process that may include meeting the supervisor, connecting with the creative team and producers, and possibly conferring with the EVP of Creative Services.
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!