Welly is seeking a Designer that can work in a fast-paced, growing start up. We are a highly visual brand that is continuously expanding.
In this role, you will execute on design and marketing creative projects with a focus on digital content creation such as emails, social, evergreen ads, and product pages. Since we are a small and nimble creative team, there is opportunity to work across multiple touch points and categories including packaging, in-store displays, and product.
This role requires a keen attention to detail and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. You are self-directed, and love working in a close, team setting (as well as over Zoom!). You are always looking for the best possible solution and have an eye for design. You are a key component of the creative team helping to bring the look of Welly to life.
Bonus points if you have a skillset in wider areas of design such as motion graphics, animation, social media content creation, or unique creative interests, which will add to our small design team nicely.
- Work closely with our Lead Designer and creative team to ensure all visual work is Welly brand ready.
- Create and support Welly’s growing digital presence through email marketing, social media graphics, and website.
- Take creative direction and produce multiple solutions to a problem.
- Nimble design thinker. Ask questions to find the best way forward.
- Ensure tight deadlines are managed and met.
- You have foundational creative experience and thrive with new challenges.
- Collaborate and work well with others through brainstorming and design.
Capabilities + Required Skills + Responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in creative/design roles.
- Deep organizational skills with an eye for consistency, quality, and order.
- Understand the importance of all aspects of design and how to build a consistent brand voice.
- Ability to take creative direction, work independently, and carry out responsibilities accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Dedication to personal and professional accountability — you ask questions, learn quickly.
- Excitement for design with a heart for brand and product.
- Curiosity and drive for learning and growing, both personally and professionally.
- Warm and friendly personality and a wicked sense of humor.
LOCATION: Minneapolis-St. Paul (remote for now)
STATUS: Full time, includes salary + benefits
MANAGER: Lead Designer
HEALTH SAFETY: For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Welly Health PBC is for everyone that was afraid to fall down, fail, get bumped, get scratched, and did it anyway. Welly is for the wellness in all of us, however that looks, and for being prepared for whatever comes our way. We wear our bandages like badges of honor for a life fully lived.
Having fun and doing good never looked so good. At Welly, we believe our adventures should contribute to the world, that’s why we are proudly B Corp Certified. We hold the bar high when taking care of the social and environmental world where we live and play.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter with portfolio link or work samples and resume together in a PDF. Include your salary request in the email message. Forward materials to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your subject line “Your Name, Designer > Welly.” In your letter, respond to these questions…
• Explain what interests you about Welly and first aid/healthcare products.
• What’s your preferred social network and why?
You will receive a response to your application from our search manager. If we’re interested in talking with you, the first meeting is with the Lead Designer, and hopefully a second or third interview will take place with other members of our creative team. As a finalist, you will make a get-acquainted presentation to a cross-functional team of Welly colleagues.
We look forward to hearing from you!