Parallax is a resourcing, forecasting, and analytics platform that helps digital agencies and software consultancies grow by creating a shared perspective across their organizations, aligning the ambition of their business with the ambition of their people.
We’re looking for a full-time Product Designer who through user-centered design can craft useful, usable, and desirable new value for customers with a critical eye to design consistency and attention to detail in support of the delivery process.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced agile environment while helping to shape the future or our product as well as our approach to the design craft. These are very exciting times here at Parallax. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and make a significant impact on our product, team, and success of our customers.
- The right fit is someone who views design as a collaborative, cross-disciplinary effort and whose focus is on interaction design, visual design, and user understanding to create great experiences.
- This person will participate in all aspects of the product discovery and delivery process with a cross-functional team, including research, prototyping, design, definition, and testing.
- Day-to-day activities will change based on prioritized company objectives, but time will be split between involvement in delivery cycles and heads down production time working ahead on upcoming initiatives.
- Ensure a cohesive visual framework as new styles and interaction patterns are identified, working with delivery leads to build out a unified component library.
- Formal degree preferred, but experience and the ability to execute are more important.
- Must show portfolio of experience designing enterprise software.
- Understanding of data visualization and working with large datasets.
- Recommended experience in technology (ideally SaaS) product environment with bonus points for agency experience.
- Self-motivation to improve knowledge and skills through personal research and development.
- Knowledge of Sketch and InVision, but open to alternative tools for the job.
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong time management skills for balance competing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction to solve problems.
- Can facilitate collaboration and review sessions remotely or in person.
How to Apply
To boost your candidacy: When you complete our online application form, indicate you were referred by Heather Olson.
Cover letter tip: We are curious to know why you are interested in joining a SaaS start-up. And in what ways do you hope to grow in your next career position?
We look forward to hearing from you!