The Director of Experience Design sets the discipline vision and leads all aspects of design and design thinking for Clockwork, including interaction design, information architecture, visual design, and design product delivery. In this role, the Director strategically leads the user experience of an extensive portfolio of client initiatives and engagements. You will use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of innovative thinking and visionary solutions.
The leadership you’ll provide…
- Collaborating with peers across product teams involving strategy, change enablement, and software engineering to help deliver measurable business objectives through successful experience design, leading initiatives from idea through execution and launch.
- Delivering solutions to clients alongside cross-functional teams, as a leader, collaborator, and advisor.
- Inspiring cross-functional teams by providing guidance and mentorship of their career growth and opportunities.
- Leading new business conversations, helping to drive opportunity strategy, and leading solution architecture. You’ll represent Clockwork’s creative thinking and approach to win new engagements.
- Representing Clockwork in the local, regional, and national creative communities and identifying and attracting Clockworthy talent.
- Leading all operational design practices, including UX processes, rapid prototyping/prototyping methodologies, research, tools, and documentation.
- Influencing the business, technology, and delivery strategies by providing insight regarding best practices and current industry standards in digital strategy and agile delivery.
- Constructively challenging current processes and methodology across Clockwork, driving change, and new thinking to deliver exceptional experience strategies for our work and our clients.
- Partnering with outside expertise to move agile principles as a key driver within the organization.
If you were Director of Experience Design last week, you might have:
- Led a design thinking workshop for clients to align and ideate around a shared challenge or vision.
- Reviewed and shared feedback on the work product and measures of success of a cross-functional delivery team.
- Used a daily standup to encourage a team to try a new approach for collaborating or thinking.
- Facilitated a community of practice with experience strategists and product designers to cultivate best practices in accessibility, inclusive design, or an emerging design method.
- Led a sales call and presented Clockwork’s capabilities, culture, and approach to a prospective client.
- Shared a strategy or approach that would have a profound and positive impact on a project, product, or organization.
- Checked-in with a delivery team member to identify opportunities for professional growth.
- Created a thought leadership piece that drives the experience design discipline forward.
Sound Like You?
Then you sound like a Clockworker. We are a values-driven organization: we tell the truth and keep our promises; We’re helpful, adaptable, curious, and fueled by challenge.
Clockwork aims to create an inclusive and respectful workplace for all humans. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking results in better solutions for our clients, and the people they serve. Underrepresented communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
In addition to our award-winning company culture, we also offer great benefits like:
- A remote-friendly work environment with an iconic headquarters in NE Minneapolis that you can work from if you want to (at least when it’s safe to do so)
- 401k and employer matching program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- Family-friendly policies like flexible working schedules, babies-at-work
- Professional development time and budget
- A leadership team focused on implementing a race-equity vision
- A flexible work schedule that encourages ample PTO and sustainable working pace
How to apply:
Please email your portfolio link, cover letter and resume, plus salary requirement to our retained search manager email@example.com for highlighted consideration. Label your email “Your Name, Clockwork Director of Experience Design > Soladay Olson.”
In your brief cover letter addressed to Heather Olson and the Clockwork Hiring Team, let us know why Clockwork is of particular interest to you. Then share an example of how you brought your smarts, curiosity, or values to a recent design challenge. How did your perspective guide the team and contribute to the outcome?
If selected for virtual interviews, you’ll find that our process is peer-based — across disciplines, teams, and our leadership group.
We look forward to hearing from you!