About I See Me!
I See Me! is the leader in the personalized book market, with millions of copies sold through its websites www.iseeme.com and www.bookofus.com and high-end retailers. The company has developed an extensive line of award-winning personalized books and gifts that celebrate the uniqueness of each child and make keepsake gifts. The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, People Magazine and other media have given I See Me! accolades for its very high quality, unique personalized books, and the company has developed an A-list celebrity fan base that includes Brooke Shields, Courteney Cox, Rachel Zoe, and Jessica Alba. With a customer base in the hundreds of thousands, I See Me! has continued to expand sales by developing personalized puzzles, coloring books, growth charts, and other personalized products that feature the colorful and distinctive art from their beautiful books. I See Me! is owned by PlanetArt LLC, a leading technology platform in the personalized products industry, with the mission of allowing consumers to forge closer, more meaningful relationships with family and friends.
We are looking for a qualified eCommerce Front-End Developer with Magento 2 experience to join our team. You will be responsible for building the client side of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications, ensuring a great user experience.
This position serves as a key role responsible for understanding shopping behavior on our website, improving the user experience, recommending new technologies to enhance the site, updating the site with our ongoing promotions and new products, and leading the effort to develop international versions of our site as we expand internationally. These responsibilities are key to our revenue growth and are cross-functional in nature. This position reports to the Sr. Technical Product Manager and also attends weekly meetings with the marketing department. Primary responsibilities include:
Understand consumer behavior on our website
- Regularly monitor Google Analytics metrics such as page load time, site traffic, visitors by page, conversion rate, bounce rate, shopping cart abandonment rate
Improve the user experience
- Execute A/B testing to improve user experience, alongside 3rd party testing partner
- Ensure that our site is easy to use and navigate
- Optimize the site for maximum speed and scalability
Develop new features
- Keep up-to-date with ecommerce technology and enhance the site with functionality as appropriate to enhance the user experience
- Identify and implement modules and plugins to add to our site to enhance our marketing and customer service efforts and improve conversion to buying
Optimize the site for SEO
- Stay abreast of industry best practices for SEO
- Implement recommendations to improve the site’s search results
Update and maintain the site
- Add new products with assets and descriptions provided by the design and marketing teams
- Update promotions, prices, and product information as requested by the marketing team
- Provide ongoing site maintenance
Develop international ecommerce stores as needed
- Assist in creating versions of our website for various countries, if/when I See Me! decides to roll out its offerings into new countries
- 5+ years related experience
- Proficient knowledge of Magento 2 ecommerce platform
- Basic knowledge of PHP
- Content management experience
- Experience in delivering software in multi-device user interfaces (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Demonstrated knowledge of current browser and platform capabilities (HTML5, CSS3, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with responsive web architecture
- Strong familiarity with SEO principles
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools to be able to crop, resize, or adjust photos
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including designers, marketing, sales, IT, and operations
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and communication skills
- Strategic skills to identify trends and opportunities to enhance the website
- Self-starter who thrives in a highly dynamic environment
- 4-year college degree (or equivalent)
Qualifications (3+ years of each preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working with customized ecommerce CMS systems: WordPress, AEM, Magento 1, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with dev task runners such as Grunt, front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, and a mobile-first approach to programming
Desired But Not Required
- A strong understanding of the UX design process
- Strong familiarity with site analytics implementation
- Strong familiarity with multivariate testing strategies
Full-time. 2 days per week in our Eden Prairie office, with opportunity to work from home 3 days per week.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter* with your resume and portfolio link (if applicable) to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your salary expectations in the email. Label your email, “Your Name, eComm FE Developer > I See Me!”
*In your letter, tell us what attracts you to this opportunity, and include responses to these questions…
- Have you worked on a team of developers that worked to analyze and improve website performance along with refining the customer journey? Was it within a customized ecommerce CMS system? If yes, for how many years?
- Since our priorities can shift on any given day, how do you keep a positive attitude and effectively communicate with your development team?
You’ll connect first with our search manager to clarify your application before sharing it with the I See Me! team.
We look forward to hearing from you!