Posted: October 11, 2018
Employer: RSP Dreambox, Minneapolis
Recruiter: Soladay Olson | Marketing for Creatives
RSP Dreambox, a division of RSP Architects, has a 4-6 month opportunity for an Experiential Graphic Designer* to work on contract 20-30 hours per week with our Director. Help address client communications challenges with human-centered design and place branding. Core deliverables are museum-quality interactive experiences.
*Experiential refers to Environmental, rather than User Experience in the digital sense.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional ability to synthesize information and extract insights from research. Drawing and sketching skills are essential for mapping out conceptual designs. You’ll express these creative solutions in a consultative manner and through adeptly prepared client presentations.
Upcoming projects could involve multiple new interpretation assignments, including place branding for a city and conceptual design for an arts district. The design process is engaged in theory, storytelling, exhibit design, and production. 70% of the Experiential Graphic Designer’s work will focus on client projects and 30% on supporting RSP Dreambox’s marketing, business development, and internal needs.
Work on site in our loft space in the historic former Grain Belt Brewery in Northeast Minneapolis, or remotely. In-person meetings and server access are routinely necessary. A long-term contract relationship is desired.
- Firsthand ability in storytelling, interpretation, and environmental communications.
- Awareness of brand issues in various applications.
- Experience in translating 2D brands into 3D environments, developing icons and visual language, and expanding color palettes across multiple surfaces of interiors and for architecture.
- Practiced in observation, deconstruction of experience, and psychology of choice.
- Inclined to extend a brand in a range of expressive, stretchable, and elastic ways such as patterns, photography, and other visual strategies.
- Accustomed to producing edgy work for a fast-paced small and nimble team.
- Capable of managing own and others’ projects efficiently, establishing schedules, and utilizing processes that respect timelines and address budgets.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience, with a design thinking and research focus.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in graphic design, and with demonstrated interest in architecture, landscape architecture, furniture design, or fine art.
- Familiarity with fabrication and production techniques. Effectively translate designs and communicate with collaborators.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, in a Mac environment preferred.
- Self-starter capable of independently completing assignments.
- Organized, able to ask the right questions and anticipate the Director’s needs, and step up when leadership is required.
- Willing to work on site at RSP in Minneapolis when required or requested.
About the Company
At RSP Dreambox, our practice of experience design blends research, environmental psychology, and design principles to build holistic, sensory-based experiences that are relevant to our client’s audience — whether they’re customers, patients, or employees. Our purpose is to connect businesses with customer hearts and minds, because each and every connection we create, creates value for the client organization.
How to Apply
Submit a PDF to our search manager email@example.com that includes your resume and a letter indicating your interest, applicable experience, portfolio link, and hourly rate expectation. Please highlight 3-5 visual examples or case studies that specifically demonstrate your work in experiential graphic design.