Hello from Ciceron. Nice to meet you. Just a little bit about ourselves:
As one of the very first pure digital agencies in the US, Ciceron continues to thrive by fusing our work directly to the needs and desires of our clients’ customers. We recognize that everyday people, not only marketers, are fully involved in co-creating powerful brand experiences through their connections and content. These myriad touchpoints create powerful sources of data that inform our work, fuel client growth, and allow us to be more honest, nimble, and smarter at each and every step.
For the past 25+ years, Ciceron has been dedicated to being advocates for our clients by serving as their “Cicerones” in digital marketing. Cicerones are, by definition, “trusted and masterful guides who navigate complex journeys, ensuring a safe arrival at a destination for their clients.” We do that with a keen understanding of consumer needs, fusing deep experience with cutting edge tech and dynamically bold creative ideas. It might be experiential. It might be social. It will definitely have heart, a digital spirit, and a gorgeous presentation.
Oh, and we win awards. And our clients actually say they love us.
Now, on to you. This is who we are looking for in a Manager, Digital Analytics:
The Manager, Digital Analytics plays a critical role within the organization as they are the reporting and insights owners of all media and marketing initiatives for their assigned client roster. The minimum expectation from someone in this role is that they will work with other analysts to plan tracking and monitor results for campaign performance. These results will be reported on in the format and on a timeline established for the project. The true challenge in this role is to provide proactive contributions by identifying optimization and testing opportunities across multiple media channels. The Manager, Digital Analytics should understand the nature of an integrated marketing campaign and should feel comfortable moving across various platforms to find the necessary data points. They should then be able to work with this data to not only explain performance, but also provide the “why.” Finally, they will be an active member of the client team providing suggestions and opportunities for driving business goals.
As the Manager, Digital Analytics, your responsibilities could include, but (of course) are not limited to supporting your Ciceron teams and clients in these key areas:
- Own all aspects of analytics for assigned clients.
- Work with channel strategists to plan tracking and reporting needs as well as optimization possibilities throughout the life of the campaign.
- Work with analysts to consolidate data and metrics.
- Monitor KPIs across channels for client media campaigns and web performance.
- Organize, maintain, and enhance existing reporting and create new reports as needed.
- Communicate insights and present actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders and client teams.
- Provide monthly digital insights for key clients, transforming data into actionable business intelligence.
- Assess client’s web analytics tagging and data quality; provide recommendations for web analytics enhancements.
- Advise on strategy, including targeting and budget allocations for media campaigns.
- Assist in developing testing initiatives.
- Manage vendor partners.
The Key Skills & Qualifications
These are the qualities and strengths we expect for the Manager, Digital Analytics role to support your assigned accounts, teams, and clients:
- Fundamental understanding of media channels and how they work together to achieve campaign and business goals
- Experience with various media and analytics platforms (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, The Trade Desk, Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst)
- Experience with BI tools and data visualization tools a plus (Klipfolio, Tableau, Power BI, Domo)
- Ability to translate data into insight and communicate effectively in order to inform and influence Senior Level decision-makers
- Comfortable working independently and able to pay attention to details
- Strong strategic thinking skills, including the capability to assess current situations, draw conclusions, and envision future business opportunities
- Ability to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget through the application of project management principles and techniques
- Outstanding communications skills; confident presenter; excellent writer; balanced, creative and critical thinker
- Proven ability to work across multiple brands, clients, or industries simultaneously
- Proven self-starter, yet also possesses the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Strong Excel skills
- You understand the value of Data + Media + Creative working together for highest energy outcomes for your clients.
- You have the ability to adapt as needed and to organize your workload and day-to-day priorities for yourself.
- You are accountable and fully own your responsibilities and deliverables.
- You enjoy learning.
- You lead by example.
- You regularly communicate with your teams and management.
- You partner closely with internal teams (strategy, creative, media, data, technology, project management) to provide perspective and recommendations to clients.
- You know how to listen. And you are able to use this talent to effectively translate unique insights and perspectives into inspiring ideas, frameworks and solutions.
- You understand that success is the result of teamwork. You utilize sound judgement and know what the right thing to do is and you do it, no matter how hard that may be. And on those rare days when you’re not sure — you ask.
- Your energy and talent make everyone around you better.
We are looking for five (5) years of analytics experience; digital-specific preferred, but not required.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary confirmation (we are offering $70-90K, commensurate with experience) and resume to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, Manager, Digital Analytics > Ciceron.”
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight…
- What most excites you most about this role?
- How does working on digital analytics tap your expertise?
- Why do you want to work at Ciceron? (Which of our values align with yours and why/how — Empathy, Bring your best self, Be curious, Own your expertise, Team first, Deliver excellence?)
You will be contacted by Soladay Olson initially, then for a virtual first interview if we are interested.
We look forward to hearing from you!