Hello from Ciceron. Nice to meet you. Just a little bit about ourselves:
As one of the very first pure digital agencies in the US, Ciceron continues to thrive by fusing our work directly to the needs and desires of our clients’ customers. We recognize that everyday people, not only marketers, are fully involved in co-creating powerful brand experiences through their connections and content. These myriad touchpoints create powerful sources of data that inform our work, fuel client growth, and allow us to be more honest, nimble, and smarter at each and every step.
For the past 25+ years, Ciceron has been dedicated to being advocates for our clients by serving as their “Cicerones” in digital marketing. Cicerones are, by definition, “trusted and masterful guides who navigate complex journeys, ensuring a safe arrival at a destination for their clients.” We do that with a keen understanding of consumer needs, fusing deep experience with cutting edge tech and dynamically bold creative ideas. It might be experiential. It might be social. It will definitely have heart, a digital spirit, and a gorgeous presentation.
Oh, and we win awards. And our clients actually say they love us.
Now, on to you. This is who we are looking for in a Manager, Paid Search:
As the Manager, Paid Search at Ciceron, your responsibilities will include supporting your teams and clients in these key areas:
- Manage paid search campaigns across multiple platforms (including Google Ads and Microsoft Ads) to achieve client objectives.
- Assist in developing campaign objectives, target audiences, strategies/tactics, deliverables, timeline, and value measurement as it relates to search initiatives.
- Troubleshoot platform errors and ad-level rejections, working with channel reps or account team on solutions.
- Partner with account managers, media planners, and analysts on budget and forecasting decisions.
- Analyze campaign performance to recommend opportunities for improvement, budget allocation, and testing.
- Create and present monthly reports to clients that highlight wins and opportunities for optimization.
- Stay current on best practices and share learnings with the media team to continually improve services. Keep up to date on the latest trends, projects, and innovations.
- Own the holistic view of paid search data and analytics, defining clear KPIs across the marketing funnel that enable the team to clearly gauge investment effectiveness.
- Identify critical client, account, and ad-level issues and escalate them to appropriate leaders in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the technical teams on pixel implementation for effective conversion tracking.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly media billing reconciliation.
You will report to the Director of Media Strategy, and be introduced to the role by the previous Manager, Paid Search who is moving to an adjacent position in the company.
These are the qualities and strengths we expect of the Manager, Paid Search role to support the Ciceron teams and your clients:
- You’re enthusiastic about search and thrive in a fast-paced environment where things materialize on short notice.
- You’re passionate about “getting it done” and enjoy the accomplishment of working on a volume of many moving pieces.
- You are gladly willing and able to be at-the-ready or “on call” for last-minute campaign requests, creative swaps, budget reallocations, etc.
- You have experience with managing multiple campaigns with multiple creative executions and staying very organized.
- You are good with the details to ensure that each component of each campaign is exact, well-proofed, double-checked, triple-checked, and ready-to-go.
- You know how to and understand the importance of establishing trust.
- You have the ability to adapt as needed.
- You demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- You fully own your responsibilities and deliverables.
- You help gather information, clear obstacles, and troubleshoot in order to deliver great work.
- You enjoy learning.
- You establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself.
- You regularly communicate with your teams and management.
- You know how to listen. And you are able to use this talent to effectively translate into ideas and solutions.
- You understand that success is the result of teamwork.
- You utilize sound judgement. You know what the right thing to do is and you do it, no matter how hard that may be. And on those rare days when you’re not sure—you ask.
- Your energy and talent makes everyone around you better.
- You are an adaptable, go-with-the-flow person.
- Oh yeah, you love a good spreadsheet!
- Extensive (5+ years) experience using search advertising platforms (Google Ads, Bing ads) — Google Ads certification a plus
- Understands campaign management technology from implementation to daily management of optimization features
- Experience with data, analytical, and measurement tools
- Strong analytical skills and technical competency
- Ability to learn new systems and work with tech teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Foundational knowledge across other product and services lines of business (Paid Social Media, SEO, Display, etc.)
- Ability to manage and build relationships with vendors/partners
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- This role is based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area (although we are all currently working remotely until September 2021)
- Live our Ciceron values — Have Empathy, Be Curious, Bring Your Best Self, Team First, Own Your Expertise, and Deliver Excellence
Our Vision for the Future
Ciceron is a hothouse for media innovation, big ideas, and bold creative. As we invest in our growth, we are striving to build the kind of creative team that can flex and thrive in today’s fast-paced, hyper-digital, constantly-evolving world. It’s a combo platter of get-shit-done, wildly free thinking, and a commitment to teamwork that will launch us into the next era of media and marketing.
We are working in hybrid fashion until fall 2021 when we’ll have new on-site workspaces available. Candidates must be based in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary confirmation (we are offering $70K, commensurate with experience) and resume to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, Manager, Paid Search > Ciceron.”
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight…
- what most excites you most about this role
- how working on paid search taps your expertise
- why you want to work at Ciceron
You will be contacted by Soladay Olson initially, then for a virtual first interview if we are interested.
We look forward to hearing from you!