Gardner Builders is looking to welcome a problem-solving, forward-thinking creative and marketing professional to our team. In this new position, you’ll work closely with the Marketing & Brand Director to support both the immediate and underlying priorities of our many teams, offering striking design, brand excellence, and clarity in everything we do. Our ideal candidate has a knack for detail and an understanding of what it takes to proactively deliver beyond expectation.
Your role would include:
- Assist Marketing & Brand Director with marketing strategies and implement tools for our different markets and business lines.
- Create marketing materials such as brochures, handouts, and branded products. Produce designs for social media, websites, print media, displays, and productions.
- Build and manage the company’s social media strategy and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We are looking for a team member who understands quality content vs competing with the ‘noise’ typical in the social landscape.
- Work with our team to craft compelling narratives for video, web, and print content.
- Create graphics for a variety of digital and print media.
- Collaborate to create unique and timely client proposals.
- Develop professional and unique job site branding.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of our internal employee website.
- Build digital tools that help us present professionally.
- Update the company website regularly with fresh narrative and content.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, delegating tasks to team members and external partners as needed. Excellent, prompt communication is key.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Strong foundation in brand communication
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite; particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Preferred familiarity with WordPress
- Good project management skills with the ability to prioritize and adjust to multiple needs
- High quality photography and videography skills strongly desired
- Industry experience outside of construction and in smaller companies welcomed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 6 to approximately 10 years of experience in marketing, branding, and design
- Must submit an online or PDF portfolio of past projects with application
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive annual salary, paid weekly
- Benefits include: Comprehensive health and dental insurance, HSA option with generous employer contribution, life insurance, long term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid parental leave
- Hybrid remote/on-site work situation through the Covid-19 pandemic
- Paid parking or paid public transportation costs
- Company-provided phone and laptop
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- Free access to on-site gym facility
- Game room and inviting break room spaces
- Flat hierarchy, EOS-led, open culture, encouragement of individual growth
- Regular company and team outings
- Inc Magazine 2020 Best Workplaces
- 5-Time “Best Places to Work” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- 2-Time “Top 150 Workplaces” (2018, 2019) by Minneapolis Star Tribune
About Gardner Builders
Gardner Builders is a hospitality company in the commercial construction business, located in Minneapolis, Duluth, and Milwaukee. We’re a general contractor focused on delivering projects – both simple and complex – in a way that gives you complete confidence and has you rest assured that you are in excellent hands.
We help our clients be the best at who they want to be. A space is designed to meet several factors – business need, efficiency, and aesthetic while also reflecting personality. We work closely with our clients, the designers, and our trade partners to deliver quality spaces. Our end purpose is to provide each one of our clients with an outstanding experience during the construction process.
How to Apply
An online or PDF portfolio of work must be included with your application. For a boosted submission, send your cover letter* with salary request and contact information for 3 references, your portfolio link or PDF, and your resume to search consultant firstname.lastname@example.org.
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight one example each of 1) how you take initiative, 2) when collaboration improved an outcome, and 3) the result of your exploring the unknown.
If selected to meet with the Gardner Builders team, the process will likely include three conversations (phone and virtual/in-person) and will be explained in advance.
Drug screen and background check are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gardner Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to create and maintain an environment where everyone feels welcome, included, and is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. Gardner Builders does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, service in the uniformed forces, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.