Gardner Builders is looking to welcome a skilled creative design professional to our team. You’ll be responsible for creating a range of designs for internal and external marketing efforts, including client proposals, signage, brochures, and handouts, both printed and digital. Our ideal candidate offers striking design and brand excellence, an aptitude for managing multiple projects on tight deadlines, excellent communication skills, and a desire to find creative alternatives to common requests.
- Collaborate with marketing and project team members to create unique and timely client proposals for all company entities. Design layout, assemble requested information, write and edit information, and present completed package.
- Create marketing materials such as brochures, handouts, and branded products.
- Produce designs for social media, websites, print media, displays, and productions.
- Create graphics for a variety of digital and print media.
- Present ideas and drafts, respond to feedback, and amend designs.
- Design professional and unique job site branding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite; particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Solid understanding of brand communication
- Ability to work methodically and meet all deadlines
- Strong commitment to follow through and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Construction industry experience welcome
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Must submit an online or PDF portfolio of past projects with application
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive annual salary, paid weekly
- Benefits include: Comprehensive health and dental insurance, HSA option with generous employer contribution, life insurance, long term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid parental leave
- Hybrid remote/on-site work situation through the Covid-19 pandemic
- Paid parking or paid public transportation costs
- Company provided phone and laptop
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- Free access to onsite fitness facility
- Game room and inviting breakroom spaces
- Flat hierarchy, EOS-led, open culture, encouragement of individual growth
- Regular company and team outings
- Inc. Magazine 2020 Best Workplaces
- 5-Time “Best Places to Work” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- 2-Time “Top 150 Workplaces” (2018, 2019) by Minneapolis Star Tribune
- 2020 “Best Places to Work” by Milwaukee Business Journal
Drug screen and background check required.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary request, portfolio link or PDF, and resume to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name, Marketing Design Coordinator > Gardner Builders.” You will additionally be asked to submit the same materials at our application site, https://gardnerbuilders.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52.
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight one example each of 1) how you take initiative and lead, 2) when you wrote or edited copy along with designing the work, and 3) why you’re interested in the commercial construction business. Include your salary request.
If selected to meet with the Gardner Builders team, the process will likely include a Culture Index Survey along with three conversations (phone and virtual/in-person) and will be explained in advance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gardner Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to create and maintain an environment where everyone feels welcome, included, and is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. Gardner Builders does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, service in the uniformed forces, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
We look forward to hearing from you!