Clockwork is looking for a mobile app developer with solid experience using Xamarin / C# for both iOS and Android apps.
Do Great Work, Have Great Lives — Clockwork has built its culture, its teams, and its client base around this motto.
Are you looking for a place where you can bring your expertise to challenging and meaningful work? Is a remote-first environment and healthy work/life balance important to you? Read on.
As a software engineer at Clockwork you’ll be part of a small, collaborative, cross-functional agile team working with strategists, designers, and other software engineers. Together, you’ll tackle gnarly problems and find creative solutions to delight our clients.
Clockwork is an independent digital agency that has been working with companies to conceive, design, build, and evolve technology solutions for 20 years. We’re smart and curious, creative and collaborative, and always fueled by challenge. We’re headquartered in our iconic renovated service station building in Minneapolis, but we work from wherever we feel most productive — always closely connected with our teammates and clients. We are an equal opportunity employer, deeply committed to creating an inclusive employee experience. We welcome people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We expect the individual in this role to:
- Have experience architecting, building, and maintaining multiple Xamarin-based applications for both iOS and Android
- Be able to grow mobile development skills in other areas of software engineering
- Have experience and/or a strong desire to use or grow your web development skills in an open-source LAMP stack environment
- Work collaboratively with a dedicated cross-functional team including a designer, backend software engineers, and a user experience strategist
- Be willing to flex into open source LAMP stack development when needed
- Deliver solutions that are right-sized, accessible, and secure
- Build strong and lasting relationships with clients
- Explain complex concepts in ways that are easily understandable to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with 4-8 clients at any given time
*Do you feel you may not meet every requirement in our job post? Clockwork is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about one of our open roles, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more than 20 years, Clockwork has delivered human-centered experiences and right-sized solutions to clients across a variety of industries. We are a values-driven organization: We tell the truth and keep our promises; we’re helpful, adaptable, curious, and fueled by challenge.
We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace for diverse humans. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking results in better solutions for our clients, and the people they serve. And with each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective that can add to our company culture. Underrepresented communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this job.
In addition to our award-winning company culture, we also offer great benefits like:
- A hybrid work environment
- Work remotely or at our iconic headquarters in Northeast Minneapolis — where ever you feel most productive
- Remote working perks:
- Annual home office equipment budget
- Monthly connectivity stipend
- 401k and employer matching program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- Family-friendly policies like flexible working schedules, babies-at-work
- Professional development time and budget
- A leadership team focused on implementing a race-equity vision
- A flexible work schedule that encourages ample PTO and a sustainable working pace
- Generous, inclusive parental leave — 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers and up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave for secondary caregivers
- 14 paid holidays per year including Juneteenth, Election Day, and a weeklong winter holiday break
- Support for staff and their significant others seeking access to reproductive healthcare
How to apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary, pertinent work samples, and your resume to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name, Clockwork > Mobile App Developer – Xamarin Development.”
*In your letter, tell us…
- What interests you about this job
- What sets Clockwork apart
- How your expertise will influence our work
Our search manager will review your application and submit it to the hiring team at Clockwork. If interested, Clockwork will schedule and conduct interviews.
We look forward to hearing from you!