The Photo Editing and Content Specialist will be a new and essential contributor to the growth and improvement of the madesmart® brand. They will work with a tight-knit, talented, fast-moving team of designers and creatives to supply our ever-growing demand for product imagery and brand content. Their mix of creativity, technical skill, and attention to detail will be a crucial part of creating stunning, inspiring imagery that sets the madesmart brand apart in retail, ecommerce, and social media settings.
Visual Content Creation, Image Processing, and File Management
- Collaborate with internal creative department, marketing, and styling teams to create photo and video deliverables that communicate our brand and marketing goals and meet established deadlines.
- Ensure images are edited in a timely manner and follow madesmart quality and brand standards.
- Electronically catalog, organize, and tag metadata for all image assets, keeping our content library tidy and up-to-date.
- Manage output and hand-off of images to various departments.
- Collaborate on all aspects of the photography process including preparation, styling, editing, and postproduction.
- Prepare images and files for a variety of needs and platforms, both print and digital.
Studio Support and Set Assistance
- Share ideas in collaborative pre-shoot planning meetings to review concepts, need, and timing.
- Support in equipment and set preparation for upcoming photo shoots.
- Manage photo equipment and prop inventory and maintenance.
- Assist photographer with set up and preparation of lighting, environments, and needed props.
- Provide support on quick set changes.
- Collaborate with Creative Team to identify and implement new set/environment needs.
Skills and Requirements
- Expert knowledge of Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and Camera Raw) with expert editing skills (masking, clipping, skin correction, image cleanup, etc.)
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at a fast pace
- Strong understanding of photography processes and components as well as lighting and composition
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Photography, Graphic Design, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience, preferably in a professional photography studio
- Experience with Video/Stop-Motion creation and editing a plus
- Flexible and highly collaborative, sharing ideas and taking feedback equally well in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and enthusiastic about your work and your team, using your technical know-how to elevate the group’s output
- Detail-focused, self-starter who can balance multiple high priority deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
madesmart® is a women-owned™ housewares design company based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
In 1990, our founder and CEO, Devee Joy McNally, set off on a mission to bring ultimate peace and well-being to countless homes with the world’s first Junk Drawer Organizer®. Thirty years later, this journey has led her down a road of endless possibilities with, now, over 1,000 life-changing household products on the market. With a grateful heart, Devee is proud to have a passion-oriented team who has shared her common vision of delivering organized harmony to the spaces people love.
Every day, madesmart strives to instill heart and soul into the home organization category. With innovative designs, we create stylish and functional products that turn organizing into a rewarding experience. Our commitment to thorough research, testing, and development has formed invaluable trust in every home. At madesmart, we take pride in what we do.
Visit our website at www.madesmart.com to discover more about our team and mission.
- Contribute daily to the “we are a team” environment.
- Mentor others as needed or requested.
- Openly share information with other team members.
- Help to create a clean, safe, and professional work environment. Note: We are working in the office and using recommended health practices during the pandemic.
- Actively participate in staff and other meetings as needed.
- Training for this position will occur on site. A hybrid work-from-home + in-the-office scenario may be available thereafter.
How to Apply
Submit your portfolio link or pdf, resume, cover letter, and three references (with email and phone) to search manager Heather Olson at email@example.com.
The letter should demonstrate your reason for applying for this position, mention the applicability of your experience to the qualifications, and indicate what interests you about home organization products.
Label your email “Photo Editing and Content Specialist, madesmart®” in the subject line, and identify your salary requirement in your email message. The anticipated range for this position is $38-42K (or modestly negotiable depending on experience).
If selected to participate in this process, candidates can expect a three-step opportunity that may include meeting the Design Director who is the supervisor, then the Photographer and Graphic Designers who provide work direction, and possibly the CEO.
We look forward to learning about you!