Ecotone Analytics GBC is an impact measurement and management firm fusing applied economics with social science research and data visualization to help organizations understand their effect on the world around them and improve it.
The Production Designer will be responsible for bringing Ecotone Analytics’ work to life across project deliverables and other digital platforms. This position will be part of a small but nimble team working collaboratively to share findings and recommendations in understandable and engaging ways. Ecotone will also be finishing a entire brand refresh at the end of March 2021, which will provide a lot of room for expansion and finding ways to fit it into all aspects of what we do.
Ecotone Analytics is located in downtown Minneapolis. We are currently working remotely. As it becomes safe to return to shared space, an office space will be provided to co-work, but it will not be mandatory to work onsite as much of our team is spread throughout the United States.
• Create incremental and final deliverable reports for client projects, based on provided content and templates, and in collaboration with the Production Team
• Make design and copy edits as directed by the Production Team
• Manage multi-project timeline in order to deliver assets in a timely manner for internal review and client delivery deadlines
• Format the deliverables in the most compatible form for client use
Other Responsibilities / Opportunities for Growth
• Explore new and innovative ways to design and produce communication and marketing materials including white papers, case studies, and sales sheets; leverage your design experience to share impact data, findings, and recommendations in ways that connect with clients, potential clients, and community stakeholders
• Manage repository of brand assets (logos, photos, templates, etc.)
• Ensure the highest level of creativity and production quality for all content created
• Design and produce high-impact creative assets that leverage the latest trends and best practices in digital design
• Continuously access user experience and recommend UX and visual design improvements across web properties
• Engage and manage internal/external resources as needed to capture photos and videos to support storytelling
• Work closely with Digital Content Strategist to develop and activate a content calendar that highlights agency programs, people, and impact to engage audiences across digital channels
• Attention to detail
• Passion for what’s possible
• Clear sense of personal purpose
• Creative problem-solver
• Skilled communicator and collaborator
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Strong portfolio demonstrating the breadth of design and digital media expertise, and indicating affinity for information design
• Solid understanding of the digital media landscape and social channels, including their unique creative challenges
• Expert knowledge of standard design software (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, etc.) and familiarity with digital media-specific creative tech (WordPress, video, etc.) and data tools (Excel, Google Sheets, and online tools)
• Basic UX and front-end development knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with developers
• This role is flexible and highly independent: You are self-directed and accountable to the varying demands of projects
• This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. Start as an independent contractor averaging 15 to 20 hours a week for 3 months with the opportunity for full-time employment as the organization scales. (3 to 6 months)
• Contract compensation is $30-40/hour depending on experience.
After 2 weeks of gathering applications, an internal hiring team will take one week to review applications and schedule interviews. Interview will be scheduled between 8 am and 8 pm CST (or whenever is convenient for applicants) Tuesday thru Saturday, and will consist of a 45-minute conversation over Zoom with the position’s direct report and hiring team. After all the interviews are conducted, applicants’ references will be called, and the hiring team will contact one applicant with a contract offer.
How to Apply
Please provide your portfolio link or PDF samples, your resume with two professional references, and a cover letter indicating why this position interests you and how your experience and capabilities could contribute to our goals. Email these materials to Ted Carling, Co-Founder and COO, at Ted@ecotone-partners.com with the subject line, “Production Designer Application > Referred by Soladay Olson.”