Support the Creative Team, Build Your Portfolio
This legacy local retailer of consumer products has an immediate opening for a Production Design Intern to provide design and production services on a part-time contract basis. Work with us on-site at our corporate office in Oakdale on Monday-Tuesday (or Oakdale and the photo studio in Bloomington on Tuesday-Wednesday) for 8-16 hours per week in a potentially long-term capacity. Be ready to do whatever is needed to help us accomplish our workload — whether starting with design and finishing with production or any step in between.
A flair for residential interior design is desired (i.e. an eye for complementary furnishings, lighting, and home accessories), along with strong design chops in logo creation. Show us your creative confidence, software expertise, and sense of humor!
- Develop consistent and unified creative assets to express the corporate brand across print and digital marketing tactics.
- Represent the company’s directional messages: Personal Connection; Visual; Event; Price/Value; Selection; Convenience.
- Design weekly print advertising (“pre-print”) templates, in-store point of purchase sign templates, direct mail templates, and other print marketing tactics as needed to support the goals of the company.
- Create digital assets, emails, Facebook-Instagram-Twitter posts, banners, and the occasional logo or poster.
- Associate’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Exemplary portfolio with preference for B2C design solutions
- Design and production for advertising, point-of-purchase, direct mail, email preferred (social media a bonus)
- Exacting attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office required
About the Company and Team
Founded in 1967 in Richfield, MN and now headquartered in Oakdale, MN, Slumberland began as a mattress and La-Z-Boy specialty shop whose mission has been to make people comfortable with both its products and prices. Over the past 50+ years, Slumberland has expanded to more than 125 stores in 12 states in the Midwest. The company remains steadfast in its commitment to provide quality, stylish furniture that is easy to love, easy to maintain, and easy on the pocketbook. The family-owned business has a deep commitment to community service and dedicates a percentage of its profits to charitable giving every year.
Reporting to the Director of Creative Services, our team (which welcomes all identities) includes two Art Directors, a Video Producer, Production Manager, Content Specialist/Proofreader, and other freelance roles.
How to Apply
Submit in one pdf: your cover letter explaining your experience, interest, and anticipated hourly rate; your resume; your portfolio link or work samples. Send to our search manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.