Our Design & Innovation Studio is the “North Star for Retail Innovation” at PD Instore. We are creative problem solvers, combining strategy and innovation. Our Mission: We are future-forward creators of brand solutions that enlighten, inspire, and transform the consumer’s experience. We deliver both Brand & Retail Environments. We believe we can create opportunities to enrich people’s lives by helping one another achieve something greater than what we thought was possible.
Who We Are Looking For
PD Instore seeks a Senior 3D Retail Designer for Brand & Retail Store Design: An innovator, who will support and develop consumer-led retail concepts and the evolution of the retail business. A strategic, collaborative, and creative team leader, who will develop impactful/scalable design solutions for immersive retail environments and experiences. The Design Team is always looking to expand the possibilities of immersive environments by creating design solutions that reflect PD Instore’s Mission and enhancing the consumer retail experience.
You know how to build impactful spaces with consumer engagement and interaction. You can work across platforms in design such as Retail, Fixture Design, Materials, and Digital with ease. You can ideate creative concepts, craft authentic stories, and problem solve with limitless possibilities. You are collaborative and communicative, and thrive in a team environment.
What You Will Work On
- Elevate retail concepts and support enhanced design presentations that align with brand experience creative direction.
- Tell purposeful stories across a multitude of retailer and consumer interactions.
- Problem solve scalable solutions that are modular and flexible, creative and inspiring.
- You will establish design direction under our Director of Design & Strategy/Creative Lead.
- Collaborate with peers, design counterparts, and clients to ensure project design continuity across all areas of focus.
- Leverage the creative design process and interact with all areas of the business to ensure design results, timelines, and budgets are accomplished.
- Communicate and present design concepts to the team/Design Director/Creative Lead/clients.
Who You Will Work With
Under the Director of Design & Strategy, you will design and innovate inspiring retail environments, displays, and digital solutions for our clients. You will collaborate with the design team, account directors, and engineers to complete multiple projects by using design processes to ensure the creative intent, design results, timelines, and budgets are met.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 8 years experience in design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Interactive Design, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of design processes and computer systems.
- Retail industry experience preferred; retail environments, concepts, and programs. Knowledge of store environments and their consumer impact.
- Strong oral and written communications skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to senior creative team.
- Expertise in 3ds Max / Keyshot / Unreal Engine.
- Lead the Design Team in 3D file systems and management.
- Technically savvy and can update 3D software Render Farm.
- Lead innovation trends in 3ds Max.
- Highly articulate in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/PSD/Ai).
- Collaborate and conceptualize with the design team.
- Thrive in an open environment and willing to “Think Beyond the Box.”
- Foster a culture that values family, innovation, collaboration, and empowerment.
- Follow all safety and workplace policies.
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to demonstrate and apply our workplace values.
- Flexibility to travel between multiple PD locations in MSP.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Degree in Industrial Design or Interactive Design.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Walking, sitting, bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required throughout the workday.
About PD Instore
PD Instore is a future-forward creator of brand solutions that enlightens, inspires, and transforms the consumer’s experience.
We foster stronger personal connections by creating environments that inspire people to realize what is possible.
We believe we can create opportunities to enrich people’s lives by helping one another achieve something greater than what we thought was possible.
- FAMILY – We believe in the importance of creating lasting relationships, where everyone is accepted and supported without judgement.
- INNOVATION – We believe that growth comes from embracing change; by introducing new ideas and fostering original and creative thinking.
- EMPOWERMENT – We believe in equipping our people with the best possible knowledge, tools, and resources they need to be stronger, confident, and self-determined.
- COLLABORATION – We believe in the power of working and evolving together, through an unwavering desire to support and partner with one another to succeed.
How to Apply
Please send your portfolio link plus cover letter with resume together in a PDF and your salary request in the email message to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your subject line “Your Name, Sr 3D Retail Designer > PD Instore.” In your letter, respond to 2-3 of these questions…
- As you researched this position, what has sparked your desire to apply?
- Briefly demonstrate your passion for 3D design, in-store branding, or the customer experience.
- Give an example of how you’ve built successful working relationships — with colleagues and/or clients.
- In what ways do you hope to grow in the next five years?
The interview process at PD Instore begins with a virtual/in-person meeting with our Director of Design and Strategy and Director of Human Resources. From there, you’ll meet other design leaders and/or company managers.
We look forward to hearing from you!