Position Summary // Immediate Opening
WORKSHOP is a Northeast Minneapolis creative design consultancy that builds future-focused experiences in culture and technology. We are seeking a multi-disciplinary Senior Account & Project Manager who can develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships while managing the multiple facets of consumer-facing design projects. The Senior Account & Project Manager will drive multiple projects, establish and communicate detailed timing, and set clear expectations with partners. Leverage your critical thinking to connect across creative projects, proactively identify risks and roadblocks, integrate and balance the big picture with day-to-day work, and ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities throughout the project workflow.
The Senior Account & Project Manager will be the primary liaison between our agency and the clients we work with. Your duty is to maintain excellent business relationships by deftly managing the life cycle of each project within their purview. You will work directly with creative leadership and the production team to identify the scope and duration of each project and work thereafter to synchronize expectations regarding timeline and deliverables between our clients and internal teams.
This role reports to the COO/CFO and CEO. The Senior Account & Project Manager will manage projects, but not supervise anyone specific. WORKSHOP is a relatively flat organization from a hierarchy perspective.
WORKSHOP is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to join our creative and forward-thinking team.
50% Account Management // 50% Project Management
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, initiative, and accountability.
- Clarify and communicate project objectives to internal team and external partners.
- Coordinate with the creative team to address incoming requests and develop revision timelines.
- Coordinate with production manager to communicate project details to external clients and retail partners.
- Lead client meetings to gather and refine project scope.
- Develop and communicate project timelines, including advising client of timeline risks.
- Facilitate client-facing design review meetings.
- Maintain records of project status and progress.
- Create meeting agendas, prepare meeting notes, and utilize project management software (monday.com).
- Provide day-to-day project contact for the client and any external partners.
- Attend periodic on-site client or vendor meetings (may require in-town or out-of-town travel).
- Attend periodic in-store reviews with fabrication partners and production team.
- 4-8 years of industry experience including retail marketing, digital marketing, production, and print preferred.
This position is not remote and is based in MSP. The staff will return to the office starting June 1, with most already working on site. Work-from-home is possible on Fridays. Team members are occasionally needed outside of the normal 8:30/9-4:30/5 work day.
WORKSHOP recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary request and resume to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, Senior Account & Project Manager > WORKSHOP.”
*In your letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight…
- what excites you most about this role, and why WORKSHOP
- your secret to (or favorite short story about) navigating both account and project management simultaneously
- any non-competes you might have in place and for what duration
We look forward to hearing from you!