Responsibilities, as a Friend & Neighbor
- Live our belief: A small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. And our promise: to build our clients’ brands based on their defining beliefs.
- Promote an environment of passion, optimism, creativity, intelligence, belonging, collaboration, and respect.
- Actively avoid ego, entitlement, attitude, cynicism, frustration, or any other negativity in yourself and others. Acknowledge that you have the power and responsibility to change these things.
- Strive to do great work all the time.
- Take an active role in the betterment, promotion, and growth of the agency (financially and professionally).
- Continue to better yourself personally and professionally.
- Help attract top talent for open positions.
- Have a great time doing all the above.
Project Management at F&N
You are the “how” of Friends & Neighbors. You are the driver and leader in all touchpoints of how teams move the work forward. You have strong leadership skills, communicate clearly, and are driven towards always iterating on process improvements. You ensure our internal teams are resourced properly to provide the most strategic and efficient work for our clients. You are also the ultimate problem solver for our clients, by staying two steps ahead on each and every project.
You will report to our Project Director.
Senior Project Manager
Internal Team Coordination
- Key focus is creating and flawlessly executing project plans, including ongoing communication with key functional team members and stakeholders.
- Ensure that our creative teams have the resources and information to do their best work.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues; proactively communicate sound solutions.
- Set the tone for the team, be the calm in every storm. React positively and productively to high-pressure situations.
- Partners with the account team in preparing estimates for client SOWs.
- Manages/provides monthly QVAs.
- Partners with finance team to ensure invoicing and billing is correct with all external partners and clients.
- Orchestrates all communication and billing with outside partners and vendors (ie production, media, PR).
- Partners with account team to ensure our accounts are on budget and profitable for the agency.
- Manage team to project, scope, timing, and budget, communicating potential issues and overages as they arise.
- Develop strong, productive teams including internal and external resources, and keep teams engaged, focused, and on track.
- Motivate and provide the conditions for teams to do great work by fostering creativity, collaboration, compassion, and enthusiasm.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to tailor communications based on the project, situation, and individual.
- Participates in the pitch processes – RFIs, RFPs, credentials, pitches, SOWs, etc.
- Help prospect for new clients individually and as part of the team.
- Maintain, grow, and utilize your professional network for new business opportunities.
- The next role for the PM path is Project Director. What you are gearing up for:
- Taking on more leadership opportunities within the agency, beyond day-to-day client work.
- Proactively seeking out best practices and new partners for the agency.
- Taking on the management of multiple clients.
- Taking on direct reports (where applicable).
- Deeper involvement in the agency’s profitability and finances.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter* to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Include your salary expectations in the email. Label your email, “Your Name, Senior Project Manager > Friends & Neighbors.”
*In your letter, please describe…
- How you help your clients get organized, and what works well for your agency team (Is it similar or different?)
- An example of how you’ve pivoted, or addressed organized chaos, and still achieved the goal
- Your favorite part of a project manager’s role, or the greatest strength you bring to your team
You’ll connect first with our search manager who will review your application before it is shared with the F&N team. Interviews with the direct supervisor and primary assigned team will follow.
We look forward to hearing from you!