Straight Line Theory is a UX company based in Minneapolis. We’re looking for a User Experience Designer to help design and improve websites, apps, and digital products.
What You’ll Do
- Identify user experience problems and design effective solutions.
- Work with talented teams and innovative companies.
- Learn about the users and advocate for their needs.
- Get to know our clients’ business objectives.
- Sketch out concepts and map out flows to quickly explore ideas.
- Create intuitive high-fidelity wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Present ideas thoughtfully and understandably to clients, partners, and team members.
- Collaborate with researchers to test and refine your designs.
- Help improve our documentation, processes, and templates.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in UX design
- A portfolio demonstrating your understanding of design and the impact of your work
- Ability to create polished and precise wireframes and prototypes using tools like Sketch, Figma, InVision, and Keynote
- Knowledge of user experience methods and practices
- Passion for solving problems and eagerness to learn new things
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Clear and concise writing skills
Compensation and Benefits
- $82,000 base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 10% of salary
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- An additional 2 weeks of paid holidays
- Platinum health plan with $0 deductible for you and your family
- Paid family leave
- Retirement match
- Paid cell phone plan and parking
- Flexible working arrangements
- Part of the Nostos community of independent agencies
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary request, resume, and portfolio link or PDF to our retained search manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Label your email “Your Name, UX Designer > Straight Line Theory.”
*In your brief cover letter addressed to the Hiring Team, please summarize a favorite past project. We’d love to hear what the problem was, how you solved it, and the results or impact of your work.
If selected to interview, our virtual process will start with a conversation with a UX designer to review your portfolio, followed by an introduction to SLT’s founders, and a chance to meet the larger team.
We look forward to hearing from you!