Straight Line Theory is a UX company based in Minneapolis. We help our clients design and improve websites, apps, and digital products.
As a UX Researcher at SLT, you’ll be an integral part of our close-knit team. You’ll collaborate with clients, product teams, agencies, and exceptional brands. With your 2+ years of experience, you’ll plan and conduct research, analyze and craft presentations, and be a trusted voice to top-level leaders as they shape their digital product strategy.
- Conduct research to create understanding and empathy for user needs.
- Advocate for ways to make the user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and engaging.
- Get to know our clients’ business objectives.
- Recommend strategic ways to answer clients’ learning objectives.
- Coordinate and execute all phases of research studies, including writing test plans, developing screeners, moderating sessions, synthesizing insights, and communicating findings.
- Present insights and recommendations to clients, cross-functional teams, and other partners, demonstrating effective verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Collaborate with team members to improve test materials and findings documentation.
- Seek out opportunities to improve our documentation and research methodologies.
- Manage multiple projects and responsibilities at the same time.
- Strive to meet targets for billable hours and help others reach theirs.
- Platinum family health plan with no deductible and no employee contribution
- Retirement match
- Paid cell phone plan
- PTO + holidays
- MSP-based, open to remote
- Flexible, entrepreneurial culture
- Part of the Nostos community of independent agencies
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume plus salary requirement to Straight Line Theory’s retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, UX Researcher > Straight Line Theory.”
In your brief cover letter addressed to the Hiring Team, let us know about your writing skills in terms of…
- crafting an analysis or presentation deck.
- how you turn interview data into words.
- your ability to tell a story, and self-edit.
If selected to interview, our virtual process will include an interview with a UX Researcher, an introduction to SLT’s founders, a one-hour work session, and a chance to meet the larger team.
We look forward to hearing from you!