Location: Minneapolis, MN
About Bold Orange
Bold Orange (aka BOCO) is a customer experience company. We believe authentic human connections are the single most important driver of business and societal progress. We exist to create these connections across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition to engagement to retention. Our culture is one of curiosity, collaboration, proactivity, and always bringing the outside perspective to our customers.
We’re seeking a talented, collaborative, and curious UX/UI designer who understands the power of purposeful design. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UX/UI design problems by staying up-to-date with emerging trends and best practices in user experience design and user interface technology.
As a UX/UI designer at Bold Orange, you will be responsible for contributing ideas and design solutions to a variety of digital experiences across all industries and channels. You will ensure all elements of a user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. You’ll work closely with the entire creative team, project management, and the account team from kickoff to execution to create strong, cohesive projects.
Here at Bold Orange, we value diversity, equality, and bold thinking. We seek talent who share those values and who are also passionate about making every moment matter. Our mantra is to Stay Curious, Stay Bold, and Stay Brave.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive understanding of how best-in-class user experiences embody all forms of UX and UI including intuitive interactions, logical flows, contextual content, motion design, and aesthetics.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, user flows, site maps, and prototypes.
- Ability to work in an agile work flow.
- Create purposeful UI design elements, patterns, and modular assets for experience cohesiveness and efficiency for development.
- Collaboration with the strategy and marketing team, and internal and external developers to ensure the creation and delivery meet our high standards for design excellence, and defined business objectives.
- Demonstrate diverse design skills across a variety of channels, digital mediums, and tactics — including websites, landing pages, mobile apps, email, banners, social, etc.
- Thinking boldly and broadly — solving the problem at hand, exploring fresh ways of doing so, and bringing additional ideas beyond the ask.
- Understand and follow current best practices and trends in digital experiences.
- Ability to comprehend and leverage insights from research and data to connect with a target audience to meet a user’s needs and expectations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, visual communications, user experience design, or equivalent work
- 3+ years of experience in UX/UI design experiences for digital products and services
- Portfolio demonstrating professional UX/UI design work for both web and mobile platforms
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: PhotoShop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, InDesign, Animate, InVision, iOS, Android, design systems, and other creative applications
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Cross-channel expertise, including website, email, and social
- Understanding of design principles in typography, iconography, color, imagery and motion design, UI patterns and elements
- Highly creative and strategic
- Have a keen eye for the details
- Collaborative both in ideation and in receiving feedback
- Ability to provide clear POV on creative ideas/choices
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, while meeting deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment
How to Apply
Please email a consolidated PDF of your cover letter* with salary request, portfolio link, resume, and three references to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, UX/UI Designer > BOCO.”
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight additional information you want to share that would be relevant to the role…
- Where do you seek inspiration?
- How do you keep yourself relevant
- What is your approach to problem solving?
You will be contacted by Soladay Olson initially, and later for a virtual interview if we are interested.
We look forward to hearing from you!