Sans Serif, a graphic design studio in San Francisco, is seeking a full-time mid-level Visual Designer (probably more UI, but UX experience is a nice plus). We’re looking for someone with solid experience in web visual design/UI for complex, large-scale corporate client projects. The right person is meticulous and passionate about their craft and enjoys the creative process as much as the final outcome. They thrive in a collaborative environment and can inspire and be inspired by the people they work with.
This experienced professional is a conceptual, strategic thinker who consistently demonstrates a strong creative aptitude for simple communications and meaningful design. Experience working within major B2B Fortune 50/100-level brands (particularly in technology, medical, or finance) is a major plus.
Being based in San Francisco is an advantage, but in this current climate, we’ll also consider remote work from other Pacific time zone locations, as well as Mountain or Central.
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI principles.
- You approach design challenges with strong concepts, sophisticated aesthetic and impeccable typography, and a user-centric approach.
- You understand how to build, strengthen, and maintain new brands and support existing ones.
- You have excellent communication, presentation, and relational skills.
- You’re a team player that understands good design doesn’t happen in a vacuum.
- You value and respect clients and seek collaborative opportunities for creative work.
- You’re constantly looking to improve your craft, and you’re intellectually curious.
- You’ve worked with major Fortune 100-level brand systems.
- 5+ years of design experience (preferably in an agency/design firm setting)
- Significant experience with Sketch, XD, and/or Figma
- A creative problem solver with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have acute attention to detail and be able to work on multiple simultaneous projects and timelines
- Strong knowledge of all industry-standard design software (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- A portfolio that showcases relevant web design projects and includes your process, design explorations, and final work
- Any After Effects knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms
- BA or BFA in graphic design or interaction design is required
- Submissions without an online portfolio and web design examples will not be considered
Sans Serif is a San Francisco branding and marketing firm, using design to differentiate our clients through strategic thinking and a collaborative creative approach. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, with a particular focus in technology, financial, and medical. Current clients include Cisco, Intel, Charles Schwab, Apple, Sephora, and View Glass.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter* with salary request, portfolio link, and resume to our retained search manager, email@example.com. Label your email “Your Name, UX/UI Designer > Sans Serif.”
*In your cover letter, include mention of learning about this role from Soladay Olson. Briefly highlight…
1) one example of how your intellectual curiosity and initiative led to an unexpected or successful outcome for a client
2) your one-sentence philosophy on design aesthetic and typography
3) what stands out for you about Sans Serif
You will be contacted by Soladay Olson initially, and later for a virtual interview if we are interested.
We look forward to hearing from you!